Consulting with carers is a crucially important aspect of The Carers Centre’s existence and its future development. We aim to give carers a voice in the way our services are run and in the development of new services.
We set up a Consultation Group for carers in 1998. The Carers’ Consultation Group has been meeting ever since on a regular basis to discuss items on the agenda. Help can be arranged for transport costs to get to meetings, and we are examining other ways to communicate with carers.
If you are a carer and you’re interested in helping us to increase our reach to carers, and to make sure our services remain relevant to what carers really need, please contact Charles Huddleston at The Carers Centre on 0116 2510999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultation – Terms of Reference
- To co-ordinate with carers in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- To promote and encourage carer involvement
- To help carers identify issues they consider important in carrying out their role
- To inform staff and the trustees regarding carers’ issues and views
- To keep abreast of local and national developments that influence the caring role
- To enable carers to share and discuss topics, and identify ways issues might be resolved
- To promote two-way communication
- To consult in a way most appropriate for an individual carer